Don’t you love September when all the magazines pull out extra stops for the biggest issue of the year? Domino magazine has a great feature on designers within their strongholds. The article shows the favourite rooms of these fashion legends: Christian Louboutin in his bedroom in Portugal, Francisco Costa of Calvin Klein in his garden in New York, Vanessa Bruno in her apartment in Paris, Matthew Williamson in his London home, and Sonia Rykiel in her Paris living room. As well, the late Yves Saint Laurent’s renowned Majorelle Gardens in Morocco are featured in the article.
Posts Tagged ‘Calvin Klein’
Posted in Fashion, tagged Calvin Klein, Christian Louboutin, Domino, Fashion, Francisco Costa, Majorelle Gardens, Matthew Williamson, Sonia Rykiel, Vanessa Bruno, Yves Saint Laurent on August 18, 2008 | Leave a Comment »
Posted in Fashion, tagged Andre Leon Talley, Anna Wintour, Ashley Olsen, Calvin Klein, CFDA, Diane von Furstenberg, Eva Longoria, Eva Mendes, Fashion, Francisco Costa, Jason Lewis, LL Cool J, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Marc Jacobs, Sex and the City, Tom Ford, Victoria Beckham, Yves Saint Laurent on June 3, 2008 | Leave a Comment »
The “Oscars of Fashion” took place last night and below are a few highlights.
- Anna Wintour delivered a “teary-eyed” speech when handing out the Eugenia Sheppard Award to Style.com’s Candy Pratts Price for excellence in fashion journalism. Who knew Anna was capable of getting misty?
- In an homage to recently deceased Yves Saint Laurent, Diane von Furstenberg gave kudos to the late designer for “legalizing opium”.
- During a speech, Simon Doonan, creative director of Barney’s, joked about André Leon Talley’s “borrowed turban” but he was not impressed. Yikes.
- Eva Mendes, Victoria Beckham, and Maggie Gyllenhaal presented the night’s biggest award – Womenswear Designer of the Year. Each celeb supported a different nominee but it was Mendes who was able to let out a big “whoop” when Calvin Klein’s Francisco Costa won the hardware. Poor Victoria sulked visibly at the loss of her beloved Marc Jacobs. Maggie on the other hand was classy as usual.
- Ashley Olsen is on a roll lately. She was radiant in a Calvin Klein tuxedo outfit… perhaps inspired by Yves Saint Laurent?
- Tom Ford, who won for Menswear Designer of the Year, was devilishly handsome as usual. So was Jason Lewis of Sex and the City. Sigh.
- Why was LL Cool J there?
- What’s with Eva Longoria’s ugly outfit? I know it’s Diane von Furstenberg but it’s completely inappropriate for the occasion. You should save that for the garden parties, darling.
For my boyfriend who loves Chanel Iman:
For a list of the night’s winners, click here.
Posted in Fashion, Movies, tagged Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein, Cynthia Nixon, Fashion, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, London, Sarah Jessica Parker, Sex and the City, Vivian Westwood on May 12, 2008 | 2 Comments »
Have you scheduled a girl’s night out on the May 30th weekend with your girlfriends yet? There are only 18 more days until the Sex and the City movie and the girls were on hand today at the London premiere. Channelling Carrie a little, SJP’s outfit is sending shockwaves through the blogosphere. While I wouldn’t personally don her Philip Treacy head piece, the combination works considering they are in London after all. You have to give SJP kudos for doing something different. Would you prefer her dressed like the rest of the girls? Sometimes you have to take a risk and people will either love it or hate it. It’s not the first time SJP wore a controversial outfit in partnership with Alexander McQueen, who designed her lovely dress.
As for the rest of the girls: Kim Cattrall wore Vivian Westwood and looked like she’s had some work on her face (it’s so… shiny and tight); Cynthia Nixon was gorgeous in Calvin Klein although I’m not crazy about a floor-length dress for SATC premiere; and Kristin Davis wore vintage… looking boring and Ms. Perfect as usual.
Judging from some of the outfits in promo shots, there’ll be plenty to feast our fashion-hungry eyes on during the 2 hour spectacle. On top of that, it’s been reported SJP wears no less than 81 different outfits during the movie, as well as 200 different outfits between the rest of the girls. Sounds a bit like a runway show on acid…
Am I excited? Absofuckinglutely.
Posted in Fashion, tagged Agyness Deyn, Andre Leon Talley, Anna Wintour, Audrey Tautou, Blake Lively, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Cameron Diaz, Chanel, Christopher Bailey, Costume Institute Gala, David Bowie, Dita von Teese, Dolce & Gabanna, Donatella Versace, DVF, Eva Longoria, Fashion, Fergie, Gisele, Gossip Girl, Haute Couture, Iman, Karl Lagerfeld, Kate Bosworth, Kate Moss, Lily Donaldson, Liv Tyler, Marchesa, Mario Testino, Met Gala, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Nicole Kidman, Olsen, Prada, Rachel Bilson, Scarlett Johansson, Serena van der Woodsen, Stella McCartney, superhero, Tom Brady, Tory Burch, Vogue on May 5, 2008 | Leave a Comment »
Only a few hours remain until the Met’s Costume Institute Gala kicks off and everyone is glammed up, excited, and ready to gossip. Last-minute secrets are being revealed about who is wearing what, who is or is not attending, and lots more!
- Agyness Deyn announced that she wouldn’t be attending the ball due to a European fashion shoot quite awhile ago. Curious. Especially since it’s been revealed that Burberry’s Christopher Bailey is taking Lily Donaldson, Agy’s fellow model in the Burberry ads. Not to mention everyone in the fashion industry is in New York tonight so what important shoot can our favourite Brit punk be on? Was I right about Agy? Oh and Mario Testino will wear Burberry tonight as well.
- Stella McCartney will bring Kate Moss.
- Anna Wintour will wear a custom Chanel Haute Couture black and white embroidered dress that Karl Lagerfeld designed especially for her. Who says the devil wears Prada? Kate Bosworth will also attend with Uncle Karl and Cameron Diaz has scored an invite as the guest of Vogue.
- Iman, David Bowie, Scarlett Johansson, and others will be dressed by Dolce & Gabanna.
- Audrey Tautou will wear Chanel tonight as the new face of Chanel No. 5. So long Nicole Kidman.
- Liv Tyler, Fergie, and Rachel Bilson will be in Calvin Klein
- Gisele and Tom Brady will arrive with Donatella Versace
- Dita von Teese and Eva Longoria will wear Marchesa
- Gossip Girl is everywhere! Blake Lively will attend the gala tonight with Tory Burch.
- The Olsens will wear DVF
- Rachel Zoe was disinvited to the ball! Poor thing. Ha.
This IS the best night of the year and the excitement has reached a boiling point! I’m excited to see who will dress in this year’s superhero themes. Please put Andre Leon Talley in a spiderman suit. That will be the best.